We are a locally owned full-service food distributor located in Denver. Since 2004 we have been dedicated to exceptional customer service. We encourage and empower our employees to find solutions by taking an active role in identifying and supporting new ways to improve our operations. We value employees who take responsibility for their work and work well in a team environment.
This full-time position is based on a 5-day work week with availability for . It involves approximately 90% delivery and 10% warehouse work, subject to change based on business conditions. We do not require a CDL however you must be able to safely drive a 26-foot box truck in urban and highway conditions. We need people who are flexible because we are here for our customers. We offer:
• Full-time employment
• Overtime based on business conditions
• Cell phone allowance
• Paid vacation accrues after 90 days of employment
• Six paid holidays after one year of employment
• Paid sick leave accrues after 90 days of employment
• Health benefits available after 90 days of employment
Responsibilities of the Delivery Driver include, but are not limited to:
• Pulling inventory for orders and putting up undelivered/return items while using a hydraulic or electric pallet jack and/or hand delivery cart
• Making deliveries while being respectful and courteous
• Completing paperwork
• Communicating customer requests
• Light warehouse cleaning including trash removal, sweeping, stacking and occasional snow removal
• Ability to consistently report for work by 7:00 am and follow a set delivery schedule
The general qualifications of the Delivery Driver include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrated ability to be accurate, efficient and dependable -- we have deadlines to meet and we need your help to do that
• Ability to work well with others and be nice
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must have excellent customer service skills and good judgment
• Colorado license (no CDL required) and acceptable driving record according to Insurance Company requirements, subject to verification
• A physical, drug screen, and background check may be required; this is a drug-free workplace.
In addition, the Delivery Driver position requires the following:
• Physical Demands: Must be able to understand and follow communications in English. Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs unassisted, and up to 75 lbs assisted. Must be able to safely drive a commercial truck (up to 26' box) and operate the mechanical liftgate.
• Working Conditions: Ability to work in a warehouse environment with possible exposure to dirt, heat, cold, and noise.
• Training/Certifications: Forklift and/or pallet jack certification desired
• Shift Time/Overtime: Ability to work Overtime at times with little or no prior notice
• Travel: Day travel only.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent