Under limited supervision, performs responsible supervisory and administrative work managing freight delivery, warehouse and customer service operations. Work involves planning and directing the pickup, delivery and warehousing offurniture and other merchandise to ensure timely and cost-effective transactions, and conferring and negotiating with outside vendors and customers to facilitate positive relationships between such parties and the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee activities of dispatch, transportation and warehouse personnel by direct or delegated supervision ensuring established policies, procedures and programs are planned and implemented.
- Administers routine personnel matters affect direct subordinates, including interviewing applicants, hiring, promoting, disciplining, terminating, etc.; approves time sheets, submits required paperwork, etc.
- Assigns, schedules and directs operations of warehouse, including allocation of personnel and assignments of freight for storage; coordinates transfer of freight between warehouses; determines loading, unloading and freight shipment schedules
- Thorough knowledge of warehousing procedures, inventory control and record keeping.
- Considerable knowledge of principles of supervision, organization and administration
- Skill in organizing work flow and coordinating activities.
- Skill in collections, analysis and presentation of statistical and technical data.
- Good computer and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively.