CARSON, calif. — Andre Shinyashiki scored late, Tim Howard had his first skunk of the season and the Colorado Rapids beat the Los Angeles Galaxy 1-0 on Sunday night for their first win of the season.
- Colorado Rapids coaching job job search: 13 dark horse candidates to consider
- Amateur association football team FC Denver will have chance to upset MLS, pro teams in US Open Cup
- Colorado Rapids coaching job job search: 12 best candidates to fix the club
- Colorado Rapids ask fans to remove Antifa flag from game vs. Real Salt Lake
- Colorado Rapids are still unsuccessful on the season after falling at home to Real Salt Lake
Howard finished with a season-high six saves for Colorado (1-9-2), which snapped an 11-game unsuccessful streak, including eight consecutive losses.
Shinyashiki, on the counter-attack, brought it down the middle and broached it to Kei Kamara, whose shot from the center of the box was stopped-up by slippery goalkeeper David Bingham. The rebound bounced to Shinyashiki, who first-timed a left-footer into an empty net from near the spot in the 82nd minute.
Los Angeles was without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who leads the team with nine goals this season, who served the first of a two-game suspension for violent conduct. The Galaxy (7-5-1) have lost four in a row.