Forest Village teen tumbles to her death piece rappelling in Clear Creek County
A forest Village adolescent died Thursday afternoon after falling piece rappelling in Clear Creek Canyon.
Eighteen-year-old Lauren Guthrie was rappelling just west of Tunnel 5 and north of the creek at 12:52 p.m. when she fell, Clear Creek County Undersheriff Bruce Snelling wrote in a Friday news release.
“The sheriff’s office would like to extend its deepest sympathy, thoughts and prayers to family and friends,” the news release said.
Support journalism in Denver and read the full articles on The Denver Post website at denverpost.com Articles and content are copyright The Denver Post, All Rights Reserved.
- Rafter dies after boat turns over on Eagle stream near Vail
- Longmont police exhume body from Greeley cemetery
- Colorado man found dead after apparent snowmobile accident at poplar Mountain
- Man shot dead Sunday morning in southwest Denver is best-known, no arrest in case
- Fort Collins man walking on main road smitten and killed by pickup