Rockies right fielder Charlie Blackmon, still hobbled by a right calf strain, was placed on the 10-day injured list Monday prior to the Rockies’ game vs. Arizona at Coors Field.
- Nolan Arenado zone: Rockies third baseman extends multi-hit streak to 5 games
- Rockies rally in ninth frame to beat Orioles at Coors Field
- old Rockies trainer Keith Dugger is the heart and soul of franchise
- Rockies’ Kyle Freeland continues to struggle as he gets roughed up by O’s
- Rockies OF Charlie Blackmon on his right calf: “I’m not 100 percentage unavailable”
Blackmon was replaced on the roll by outfielder Yonathan Daza, who was recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque. besides, Colorado reinstated outfielder Christmas Cuevas from the 10-day injured list (strained left quad) and have optioned him to Triple-A.
Blackmon’s move to the IL is retroactive to Friday. He is bailable to come off the IL on June 4 when the Rockies play the Cubs at Chicago.
Blackmon 32, is on the injured list for the fourth time in his career, but the first time since 2016. He’s batting .300 (60-for-200) with 13 doubles, five triples, 10 home runs and 31 RBIs.
This story will be updated