CINCINNATI — A swarm of bees settled above the backstop screen shortly before the first pitch, prompting an 18-minute delay to the start of a game between the Giants and Reds.
The game began after the swarm affected toward the upper deck.
It’s the second time the Giants have been involved in a bee delay in Cincinnati. A swarm went into the Giants’ dugout at Riverfront bowl on April 17, 1976, forcing a 35-minute delay. The Reds won the game 11-0
There was a 17-minute bee delay before some other game at Riverfront on May 11, 1987 once once against the Phillies. Reds starter Ted Power got annoyed on his hand.
- Nolan Arenado’s revival lifting Rockies up after team’s terrible start
- Raimel Tapia, Rockies rally with 5 in the eighth to overtake Diamondbacks, avoid sweep
- Rockies baseball diamond prospect Colton Welker, now in Double-A, continues to rake
- Rockies rake double-digit runs once once again to split series with Brewers. Now, an almost-clean slate awaits back in Denver.
- Reeling Red Sox ban Fortnite from club